In order to be an ethical breeder:
- Our breeding stock are part of our family and live with us.
- We have an extensive knowledge of the breed’s conformation standard.
- We will communicate to you the general needs and health concerns of the breed.
- We will not sell our puppies before the age of seven or eight weeks.
- We will screen for capable housing and caring for the dog or puppy.
- We have firm criteria for the homes taking the dogs or puppies.
- We will ask questions about dogs you own, both past or present.
- We will require references from your vet.
- You are encouraged to check out references from our veterinarians
- You are encouraged to contact those who have previously bought our dogs or puppies.
- We limit the number of litters per female and restrict the age for breeding.
- We have a terms of health and a return policy set out in a contract.
- We require a contract which specifies your responsibilities toward the dog or puppy.
- We have registration paperwork available at the time of purchase.
- We have our litters of puppies registered with the AKC.
- We will have complete medical records for the litter and adults available.
- We will have our dogs pedigrees for at least three generations on both sire and dam available online.
- We only sell our puppies, not puppies from a third party.
- We only breed Shar-Pei.
- We are more concerned about placing our puppies in "forever" homes than selling puppies.
You may feel like you are trying to adopt a child from the CIA, but we are only trying to do the best for our puppies.
Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear.