In order to be an ethical breeder:
- Our breeding stock are part of our family and live with us.
- We have an extensive knowledge of the breed’s conformation standard.
- We will communicate to you the general needs and health concerns of the breed.
- We will not sell our puppies before the age of seven or eight weeks.
- We will screen for capable housing and caring for the dog or puppy.
- We have firm criteria for the homes taking the dogs or puppies.
- We will ask questions about dogs you own, both past or present.
- We will require references from your vet.
- You are encouraged to check out references from our veterinarians
- You are encouraged to contact those who have previously bought our dogs or puppies.
- We limit the number of litters per female and restrict the age for breeding.
- We have a terms of health and a return policy set out in a contract.
- We require a contract which specifies your responsibilities toward the dog or puppy.
- We have registration paperwork available at the time of purchase.
- We have our litters of puppies registered with the AKC.
- We will have complete medical records for the litter and adults available.
- We will have our dogs pedigrees for at least three generations on both sire and dam available online.
- We only sell our puppies, not puppies from a third party.
- We only breed Shar-Pei.
- We are more concerned about placing our puppies in "forever" homes than selling puppies.
You may feel like you are trying to adopt a child from the CIA, but we are only trying to do the best for our puppies.
In a dog-eat-dog world, it is the dogmatic domain of dog lovers to offer dogdom a dog's chance to rise above the dog days for a doggone good time.